Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All County team coming soon

Perhaps I am a glutton for punishment, or maybe just don’t know any better.

But yesterday, I posted a story and ballot for the upcoming All-County football team which will appear in the Journal on Dec. 11. I also mailed ballots to all the football coaches at the county schools.

I hope to hear back from all the coaches. I would also like to hear from assistant coaches, fans and the players. The selections will be based on this input along with my personal input.

I saw five of the eight county teams this year. The only ones I did not see play were Pocola, Arkoma and Bokoshe. The players from those schools will get the same look as players from other schools.

If a player had a good season and somebody feels like that player deserves recognition, he will certainly get looked at.

The final selection will be mine. So don’t gripe to your coach or superintendent if a player is not selected. Gripe at me, just make sure the player was nominated first.

We will have a Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and the Spirit Award.

Several nominations have already arrived. Hopefully, many others will come in. All positions are open. If you do want to nominate a player, include as much information as possible.

We will also have a first-team offense and defense and a second team for offense and defense, along with honorable-mention selections.

So, since this will generate some controversy why did I do this? Simple, for the people who coach, play or watch football. Some kids will feel honored, others won’t. I know this and have a pretty good idea how those players will feel. Plus I hope it will attract readers.

Here is the ballot.

You can submit your ballots by email or mail them to: LeFlore County Journal, P.O. Box 550, Heavener, Ok. 74937.

No comments:

Post a Comment