Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New projects



I wanted to share with you a couple of new projects I have been working on.

The first is I restarted a website http://oksportsreview.com in April and it is growing and getting bigger daily.

oksportsreview.com has the top sports stories each day from throughout Oklahoma, from the professionals down to high school. All the stories and links are broken up into sections for each sports and team or division, which makes it easier if you are interested in OU, the Thunder, OSU or high school sports.

One of the most popular parts of the website is I am working on adding old high school football scores HERE. So far, I have all the county schools’ scores from 2011 and added Poteau back to 2003. Now, I am slowly adding the Heavener scores, which I have back to the 1930s but have only gotten a couple of years posted. There are a couple of years missing, so any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

I do have all the scores for county schools back to 2004, but need your help. If you have scores from any high school please send that information by email to craig@oksportsreview.com, or mail it to: Craig Hall, 300 S. Earl, Poteau, Ok. 74953.

This is a statewide site, not just for the county so we need scores from all the high schools. I really appreciate any help you can give with the scores, or by sharing the site with anybody you know who likes sports.

I first started the site last year but had to shut it down because the web software I was using was not supported any longer.

Also, I am adding a new addition to the Journal. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a video camera so we can have videos on the Journal to complement the stories.

So far, I have posted one video to the Journal’s YouTube channel. You can view the video HERE or click the link above. It was a video of a golfing expedition on Memorial Day to learn how to edit and post the video.

The plan is to add video for stories on upcoming events and stories I cover to complement the pictures and story. Hopefully you will like this addition to the Journal, but there is still a lot I have to learn about using the camera and the editing process.

Thanks to all of you for your support. If you have any comments or suggestions, please send an email to craig@leflorecountyjournal.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment