Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal big in Mongolia, Waterloo

I know this makes me sound like a dork, but I have always enjoyed statistics.

In fact, I didn’t know the university I attended even awarded “A’s” to one Craig Hall until I took a statistics class after several semesters.

I spent a little time examining some of the statistics from the Journal and our facebook page and since it is a rainy Sunday morning and I don’t have anything better to do, thought I would share this with our fine readers.

Under the Journal’s facebook page, I came across statistics showing where our fans are from, sex (as in male or female, not frequency), age and much more.

Here’s a startling fact: most of our fans come from the United States! No really. Of our current 2,066 fans, 1,975 come from the good old U.S.A. I must say it was a great relief that our goal of getting a fan from Mongolia has been realized.

Canada is our second most popular country. Not really sure why we have fans in Canada, but we do and that is, of course, all that matters. Guess I need to use the term “hey, hoser!” more often.

The top city for fans is Poteau with 472 fans, followed by Dallas. We also have 31 from Waterloo?

Of our fans, 65 percent are women and 32 percent are male. Not really sure what the other three percent is, not that I am sure that I want to know.

As for age, we are most popular in the coveted 35-44 age group.

We also have a good stats package with our new web hosting. It tells the most popular story along with hits, plus the searches that bring our excellent readers to the Journal.

Our top story of all time, at least since Sept. 12, is a story Jason Green wrote about Potty Mouth Dolls. Honest. Next up, was the game story of Gravette beating Poteau in football.

The top search topic to bring readers to the Journal is from people searching for: Leflore county journal. Luckily, those fine internet surfers who were trying to find the Leflore county jernal have been rewarded with a link.

Unfortunately, the stats do not show what our fan from Mongolia likes to read.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, well that's interesting! Who knewe potty mouth dolls would grab the attention of so many? :D

    As far as the weird countries thing on facebook... Well who ever said you couldn't LIE about where you live? I don't remember it telling me I HAD to tell it where I lived? It just asked for an address! It didn't say input MY address....

    Lol yea, it's true, cause I get a little legalistic on these websites that demand too much info... lol...

    Sir if you look, you will see I currently live in Zimbabwe Africa on Facebook... but I still attended PHS... HHmmmm...

    I can't speak for the Canadians, but I'd say it's a safe bet MOST people filled out proper information! But I guess that's their fault isn't it, for volunteering information like that...

    ReplyDelete