Thursday, December 16, 2010

LCT seeds

The official seeding of the upcoming LeFlore County Tournament was decided in a meeting Wednesday night.

As you may recall, I tried to predict the seedings in a blog yesterday.

For the most part, I did okay. I was pretty close to money on the boys, only missing four seeds. I had Heavener third and Spiro fourth while the coaches flip-flopped those two. I also had Wister sixth and Panama seventh, which was reversed in the official seeding.

On the girls, I was not nearly as good. I expected Howe to get the top seed with Heavener second but the coaches had Heavener on top and Howe second. The big surprise was Spiro’s girls got the third seed while I expected the Lady Bulldogs to be eighth. Talihina also came in at fourth while I thought the Lady Tigers would be fifth.

I thought Bokoshe would be third and Whitesboro fourth based on records and rankings. Bokoshe wound up fifth while Whitesboro is seventh. Wister was sixth in the seedings while I thought the Lady Wildcats would be seventh.

Poteau was eighth (I had the Lady Pirates at sixth). LeFlore and Cameron were ahead of Pocola for the tournament while I had the Lady Indians ahead of those two.

No complaints. The coaches did a good job as usual. As you may know, the finals will be held in Spiro. Other games will be held at Panama and Heavener. CASC will not host any games for the first time in longer than I can remember.

The top three teams get byes during the first round. Here are the first-round matchups for the boys:

Heavener vs. Bokoshe; Cameron vs. LeFlore; Panama vs. Pocola; Wister vs. Whitesboro; and Arkoma against Howe.

Should be some pretty good games. Panama and Pocola will be good, no matter what the seedings or records say. Also, the Arkoma and Howe game should be a good one. Then, in the second round, Talihina faces either Arkoma or Howe; Poteau takes on the Wister/Whitesboro winner; Spiro meets Panama or Pocola while the winner of Heavener/Bokoshe takes on Cameron or LeFlore.

Here are the games for the girls: Talihina vs. Arkoma; Bokoshe vs. Pocola; Wister vs. Cameron; Whitesboro vs. LeFlore; and Poteau vs. Panama.

And in the second round, Heavener will play the winner of Panama/Pocola; Howe faces off against either Whitesboro or LeFlore; Spiro takes on Wister or Cameron; and Talihina plays either Bokoshe or Pocola.

No comments:

Post a Comment